Do we cancel tours because of weather?
- We don ́t cancel tours. Tours don ́t depend on weather conditions, except on general alerts.
- Occasionally we may need to refer you to an external company if we are not able to provide a tour for you. If so, you’d be dealing directly with them and their guides fees and you’d be paying them directly according to their own conditions.
Who will join my tour?
- All our tours are private, for your party alone. You are not part of a larger group and no strangers will be joining your tour. However, if you wish to share the tour cost with other people you can organize your own “private group” using popular travel sites such as the Tripadvisor Forums or Cruisecritic. It’s your choice, for we don’t arrange such groups.
- We also work for solo travellers, however note that our fees are per tour, not per person: a solo traveller must still pay for the full tour amount, or find someone to share costs –we cannot help you finding tour mates nor add you to one of our existing groups.
On tour duration, tour start, meeting place, cruise
- Basic city tour takes up to 4 hours. Basic daytrip around 8 hours.
- Tour start time: to be arranged beforehand. We are very flexible.
- Meeting and ending point is to be agreed with the client upon reservation, in order to be able to offer a tailor made service.
- Our fees include pick-up/drop-off points anywhere if previously agreed: your hotel or address in town will often work as meeting point, but you can also choose to join us in front of a site that is more convenient for our itinerary. We can finish back to your hotel/apartment, or in some restaurant, or in the last site we visit. Again, we are flexible!
- Pick-up/Drop-off in suburbs are NOT included: fees apply and they will be calculated depending on the location where you need to be picked up.
- Cruise pier terminal: pick-up/drop-off is included on chauffeured city tours if needed. We are aware that cruise passengers are usually required to be back on board no later than 1 hour before departure, so we’ll never schedule a tour with you that ends too late.
- Airport and/or airport hotel pick-up/drop-off is not included in the standard fees. The transfer to/from the airport into the city center takes around 20 min.
Tickets to sites and monuments, skip the lines
- Entrance fees are not included. We are entitled to skip lines in most museums and monuments: You will be taken to the groups entrance, buy the tickets and go in right away.
Walking issues, gift shops
- Walking distances depends a lot on each itinerary: check the tour description for details and please consider that walking issues and use of wheelchair can force us to reduce a bit the itinerary. Note that you are booking a tour guide service for a certain number of hours, not an itinerary to be completed no matter what: if you or someone in the party slows down the pace of the group upto the point that there is no time to see everything in the plan, the service still has to finish at the agreed tour ending time and you will not be entitled to any sort of compensation. Please consider booking extra time if you feel your pace is slower than the average healthy visitor.
- We don’t plan for gift-shop stops during our tours (we encourage you to shop after the tour is over), nevertheless it’s usually easy to improvise a short stop at one gift-shop at some point. Please note that too many stops or too long ones will definitely affect the pace and timing of the itinerary, causing your guide to speed up or to shorten the itinerary.
- Your lunch (for city tours and day trips) and pintxos (on food tours) are NOT included.
- During long tours, the client can choose if they want to stop for lunch at some point, or if they’d rather keep touring for the whole time. In 7 to 8h-tours, a stop for lunch will be scheduled around the middle of the day, lunch time still counting as touring time (not as a break).
- Our goal is to TAILOR the perfect tour for you, not to take you on a closed itinerary that is the same for everyone, but might not be a match for you.
Since food is not included in our tours, that allows us to cater for special needs but that might not always be easy: please notify in advance if you or anyone in your party has special dietary needs, so we can plan in advance.
Payment and currency, tips, fees
- A 40% deposit is necessary to book the tour exclusively for you, via PayPal, a secure credit card link, bank transfer or any other valid means.
- The only valid currency in Spain and most countries of the European Union are Euro, and that’s the currency we use to calculate our fees. Since exchange rates are constantly updating it’d be too difficult to be constantly recalculating our tour prices to adjust them to other currencies. Make sure you depart your country with enough euros to pay for your first expenses (taxi from the airport, food and refreshments…). You’ll be able to change your USD or other currency when you get to the Basque Country. Money can be exchanged in banks (mornings Mon-Fri only!), exchange points (commissions will be charged) and hotels (commissions charged as well).
- Tips and gratuities are not included. In Spain they are not expected, but they are appreciated by guides, drivers, restaurants and more: it’s understood that they have to deserve it!
- In Spain every company is free to set the prices and fees that they consider the adequate for the services they offer. In our case, we have chosen not to compete in price but in quality. Taxes in Spain are high, and fees must include by law a 21% VAT (except certain cases of B2B).
Cancellation and refund policy
- Any cancellation must be initiated by e-mail contacting me by email, and will be also acknowledged by me via e-mail. Cancellation notifications by phone will not be accepted. Weather conditions: Tours are carried rain or shine. Bad weather is not a valid reason to cancel a tour.
- Tour Guide changes: I reserve the right to change the guide . No refund will be given if a client decides to cancel a tour due to a guide change. Circumstances beyond our control: I am a reasonable professional that tends to adopt fair decisions upon calmly discussing the subject with our client.
- Special cases: other major force cancellations might be discussed to reach an agreement. A verification of the reason why the tour was cancelled will be requested.
- TOUR CANCELLATION POLICY: Up to 60 days prior to date of tour, full return of the deposit. Between 30 and 60 days prior to date of tour, 50% return of the deposit. Less than 30 days prior to date of tour, there ́ll be no return of the deposit. In case I can ́t honor the tour, full return of deposit is guaranteed.
Terms and Conditions
- By booking tours or services through ToursByBasques you agree to the FOLLOWING terms and conditions.
- CLIENTS are responsible for travel arrangements to or from tours organized by ToursByBasques and to inform on meeting point.
- Clients are responsible for their own safety in all walking and interior tours: crossing roads, using steps, etc.
- Clients are responsible for themselves and children wearing a seat belt in tour vehicles. No food or drink may consumed in tour vehicles except under permission of the driver.
- The guide, driver or operator reserves the right to terminate any tour for unreasonable behavior.
- ToursByBasques is insured for public liability in touring environments only.
- ToursByBasques is not liable for reduced itineraries owing to late start or delays by the client.
- ToursByBasques is not liable for reduced itineraries owing to unscheduled closures by attractions.
- ToursByBasques is not liable for reduced itineraries owing to extreme weather conditions, or delays or diversions caused by circumstances beyond our control.
- Clients should acquire adequate insurance to cover any loss as a consequence of flight cancellations, personal illness, or circumstances causing the tour to be cancelled beyond the control of ToursByBasques or partners. Please notice that your driver or guide will not assume automatic responsibility for any injury, damage, loss , accident, delay or irregularity and we are not responsible for any resulting additional expenses. Baggage and personal effects are carried entirely at the owner’s risk.
What’s not included
- Entrance fees and sites reservations.
- Taxi, subway and bus rides.
- Travel arrangements to or from tours organized by ToursByBasques are not included either.
- Lunch. Drinks and food in Pintxos Tours.
- Paypal fees, if the client requests to pay via Paypal. Credit card commissions for any extra money the client needs to send us (other than the tour cost).
- Personal expenses: souvenirs, personal beverages and snacks, other items…
- Medical expenses and personal insurance.
- Tips/Gratuities. In Spain, tips are not expected but appreciated and they are considered a sign that you enjoyed a service. Giving a tip or not at the end of the service remains your personal choice. Other incidental expenses, incurred as a result of your booking: visas, vaccinations, travel insurance, non-refundable flights/transportation tickets, loss of enjoyment, phone calls, etc.